April 21, 2006

Roverang ... 'tis a good show!

‘tis Friday and the end of a 4 day week (last week was an even better 3 day week!) and at the moment I’m really tired. Probably more to do with going to Roverang on a work night, meeting up with Tom’s mum et al after, then the drive back to Pompey. So the head didn’t hit the pillow until midnight … and I had to get for work this morning (unlike my bedfellow who could sleep a bit more!).

AAA & TWM II joined us this year for the show, which Dr T booked us front row seats for online (bless, it was a novelty so he used it). We also managed to go on VIP night so it was all the CCs (LOL the Hants Scout one is called Dick Whittington, it made me chuckle ..), Mayor of Soton and other VIPs. We were all playing spot the Guider/ Scouter although I was unlikely to spot any I knew (I’d enter the West county .. some Easties speak as if ‘there be dragons’). This years theme was ‘Opposites Attract’ so we had themes such as Love & Hate, War & Peace, Young & Old … lots of songs, lots of dancing, odd wrong bit (but that’s half the fun of this show). The Cubs & Brownies were particularly good this year I feel with no obviously lost male cubs …and not too much pushing from Brownie types (one must remember these days that not all the girls are Brownies …). Roverang is 50 next year so Dr T (Cub solo apparently c.1982/3) is left with a possible dilemma … if they have old cast back; does he do that or help us with the catering at AGM 2007 (with Mrs E in charge, maybe aided by Hedgehog). Hmmm I wonder if the National Anthem will have an additional flourish tonight for Queenie’s B’day?

… but the good news is those of you going to SAGGA AGM ’07 have the option to see next year’s show as well! Roverang is always the week after Easter @ Nuffield Theatre, Southampton (in the Uni area) so you could see the Sat Matinee as your Saturday Escape (although a bit of planning is required, as it would be a quick turnaround at lunch) or come down early and see the Friday night show ….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home