Happy 200th Birthday IKB
Happy Birthday to Mr Isambard Kingdom Brunel for you were born 200 years ago this weekend (9th April) not that far from me! He was a Pompey Lad, just ended up in Bristol.
So hence this afternoon I’m going to a lecture on Mr IKB out on by the uni. A work colleague is going to take a wander down near Gunwharf for the unveiling of Mr IKB’s new statue a stone’s throw from the location where he was born (the house is no more I think it was bombed/ flattened around the time of WWII).
Mind you I was pulling faces and getting annoyed with the Beeb earlier whilst getting ready/ watching Breakfast as the woman they had at the Clifton suspension bridge called him an Architect!!!!! (Caz proceeds to spit out in the style of something inedible in mouth). Mr IKB was the Engineer of the bridge, he wasn’t a architect!!!!
Also to celebrate I’ll be joining Dr T for a spot of lunch in the Isambard Kindgom Brunel (aka IKB), other otherwise know as the work local of Wetherspoons.
To celebrate this week’s NCE the cover has bits to make a IKB who raises his stovepipe hat! Hmm might scan and then print on card to make up Mr IKB (for the desk at work? It can join the LED cats eye, fink box & M28 sheared bolt with nut welded to it for removal aka a paperweight).
On other matters its SAGGA AGM this weekend, so no doubt I’ll see some of the readership, I’ll of course be bringing my cards for GM fundraising, we have a brief presentation (and poster done by TWM II) on AGM’07, plus Registrar’s report (currently rather unwritten, but facts obtained), which I’m rather chuffed about on the debtor front … we’ve had a big reduction :) there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home