October 26, 2005

Girlie Night Out

Last night was a good night, Dr T (who was in bed by the time Caz returned from her girlie night out) made a comment she’d been drinking .. this made me realise that I’d (along with Kestrel, we’d been sharing jugs) probably drunk 2 pints of cocktails. Very nice they were too. I have found a new love, variation on the Blue Lagoon, a Boston Blue .. this version has the addition of Archers (thing of Kestrel & I’s youth). It was rather yummy the citrus zing of the blue curaco to start and then the peach schnapps on the swallowing. The Passionate Peach isn’t too bad either. We had a sip of the YGs San Francisco … which wasn’t too bad for something with Crème de Banane in (you couldn’t really taste it). We had them at Frankie & Benny’s a request from one of the (un-adventurous foodwise) YGs, it was a first time for me and reasonably good for a chain establishment. I’m taking Dr T out there (he’s not too adventurous foodwise either, but improving) to try their lunch special next Friday, as I’m going to have a nice day with him escaping work, and to charge up the batteries before the durge on Sat that is County Day morning (for some unknown reason our county has its AGM in the afternoon .. they don’t do whole day trainings here!). HMS Warrior & Harbour Trip planned before lunch (well we need to get our monies worth on the 2yr season tickets … this completes the boat set within a year, each with a harbour tour tagged on). Then after maybe a side trip to JDW where the beer fest starts on Monday :).

You never know I might even find a pair of elusive boots (at Gunwharf) … please tell me my feet aren’t that freaky, just wide. I’m sure my dad (from whom I inherit the wide feet from) doesn’t have these hassles with men’s shoes. I know I’m not that girly but there are times when I go out and want to wear a pair of heeled boots. For locations of purveyors of chunky heeled (approx 1.5-2in) chelsea style boot in a wide fitting (Mr Clarks is too narrow .. just) in the comments box please (no, I wasn’t happy after trawling the shoe shops of Pompey City Centre, coming away empty handed).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home