Last night was Division Meeting after Brownies .. where I got my Brownie Holiday Licence and badge (which Dr T teased me about saying it was like an interest/ proficiency badge). Kestrel knew I was getting this in the morning when she dropped off some stuff to the Div Comm for the meeting on the way to work. They’d had a conflab over whether to do it at Brownies or Div Meeting … and decided Div meeting as most of the Brownies that went are now Guides. I pointed out on the way home to Kestrel that if it had been done at Brownies we’d of had them asking when we were going away for the rest of the evening! She’d not thought of this but felt it had reinforced her suggestion of Div Meeting!
Hmm now I have the bit of paper and badge that let me take Brownies away I guess I better use it! (Its all a bit surreal after the hassles I had getting it). Mind you I am already thinking of trying to sort a camp with my sister’s & my YLs (little sis has just become YL/YG advisor for her Division by being the closest in age to the section!). Then I have the camp module and Senior Section Module covered … hmm maybe I’ll finally get to do an international trip that takes girls away (my last attempt ended with me going to NZ on the Guider’s conference!). I’ll have to put the feelers out …
Tonight its much of the same as its District Meeting (Div was late due to hols), hmm could have some YG sparks occurring as one of them seems to have made a molehill out of a speck of dirt. We shall see what happens… Ah the delights of local Guiding politics! Meanwhile we’ll just get on with our unit and enjoy ourselves!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home