April 13, 2005

Following last weekend’s 500+ mile tour of Britain we have the shorter 360 mile round trip to Lufbra as one of my readers is getting old in the same way I shall be old in just under a month :(. Its consecutive weekends where I seem to spend the whole weekend driving (followed by being tired) that get me down about Dr T’s lack of a full driving licence and apathy/ lack of enthuasim for learning to drive. He’s claims he has a (old) provisional licence .. but I’ve never seen it. Meanwhile who has to drive the length and breadth of the country to get us to events & camps? .. yep that would be me and the silver bullett/ wagon. All I ask for it that if we have the option that if I’m tired/ ill etc. that there is an alternative than me having to drive …. Oh for a few hours of not having to drive when going to the Lakes and being able to annoy the driver by sleeping!! It’s rather sad how I get excited when I don’t have to drive somewhere as someone else is!

So your cunning plans are required leading to Dr T getting a pink bit of plastic and being my chauffeur for once!!!! The subtle as a brick hasn’t worked …. I’ve pretty much given up all hope on him learning and its really starting to annoy me. Maybe a lack of jobs going his way may wake him up to the idea that a full driving licence is a jolly useful thing to have!

In the meantime I shall have my 360 mile trip this weekend, next weekend is a shorter trip to Salisbury (2 hr round trip, so short in my book!) …. And finally a break until we have the M25 again when I celebrate being old. I suppose the one good thing is that at least I now get to do these trips with Dr T being my navigator & companion (except when he’s asleep).

Hmm plan No. 1? Dr T does the weekly shop using the bus/ walking.. bit farcical as I’d have to do a second shop for the veg he wouldn’t buy (with him the choice is carrot (raw), cucmber or lettuce) and I’d have to live on far too much processed food for my liking!

Rant over … but not forgotten!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, no plans yet. Tom

April 13, 2005 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, no plans yet. Tom

April 13, 2005 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home