March 31, 2005

*Rant alert*
Back in the mists of time on the 14th March I ordered a book & dvd from Amazon. It went super saver delivery as I could accept the 3-5 day delivery window ... however I have yet to receive this parcel.

Its not due to Amazon (although their robots do like to send out a similarly worded message about etracking that I've now had 3 times) but their chosen courier for this parcel, DHL Express (formally Securicor Omega) hasn't delivered (pardon the pun). I can tell you for nowt that Express is something outside their comprehension as they have lost my parcel since the 18th and when I phoned their customer service (using the Motley Fool 'no to 0870' link provided on Pete's blog) last night to try an locate the parcel, they didn't seem too fussed and the answer to them was for Amazon (their client) to resend it (so that would mean double cost to client in my book). Now I have to say I wasn't expecting a lot when I saw the DHL letters on the first delivery note, and suspected that lost parcel was the answer to the lack of my book (of the cooking variety that I want to try out) & DVD as DHL lost a tender a while back for us travelling between Portsmouth and Southampton (that's only 20 miles away!), in the end we use one of the Southampton living staff to personally deliver on the way home rather than trust DHL. The good Doctor is on hols so been at home for all bar 4 hours of delivery time for DHL ... so they can't use that excuse!

Oh why oh why Mr Amazon do you use this company when Royal Mail haven't lost or mislay any of my previous parcels.
If I were Amazon I'd want DHL to find out which van my parcel it 'out for delivery' (the etracker words at DHL) and have words with its driver ... something is amiss there. Either that or he has a UK wide route to still not have delivered since the 18th.

So I'm pondering on who to use for cheap books (I already have an alternative for entertainment) if Amazon is doing rubbish DHL delivery.

*rant over, but still awaiting parcel!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home