Phew its been a hectic night with the yellow blobs tonight! I had 3 due to make their promise, 1 other leader present, a bit of fluid meeting planned (getting the Brownies suggestions for outdoor activities for next term). It started with me realising I'd left the promise badges on the side (Dr T did a good turn and brought them down for me), a brownie was meant to pass on a letter (she'd even made the point that she lived around the corner and would drop it in after I said I would post it!) didn't so one brownie due to make promise didn't know she was ... another phone call to sort that out. Hmm then another of the brownies due to make promise threw up in the middle of the planning session (she felt a bit funny but was desperate to make her promise so came). So whilst Snowdrop went with Brownie to loo, yours truely was sorting out the Brownies (her six were quite calm about it and moved to a different part of the hall and got a new sheet of paper), they were pretty good with only a couple making a song and dance about it (and no surprises who they were). I cleaned up (using our stock of PH tea towels) and didn't heave infront of the Brownies .. I was fearing one would see it and then throw up! The tea towel were brought home in a washing up bowl at arms length and promptly put in the washing machine.
We've also managed to get all confused with holy week (no hall bookings allowed by the church) so actually ending a week earlier than we should (oh well, the parents haven't commented so it seems OK). We'll probably be making it up with an easy outdoor day with a trip on the Hovercraft to Ryde for ice skating and sandy beach (bargin as well as the combined ice skating ticket only costs a pound more than the hovercraft fare). I think it happened between my main cohort on her holiday fuzz and my baby fuzz of last week that we didn't twig our holy week error until the caretaker pointed it out when he came with the rent invoice!
I shall take deep breaths and relax until after easter due to the above error! It's probably a good thing as we get a chance to sort our selves out ready for the summer slog.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home