February 22, 2005

I’m trying to kill a bit of time before I and the rest of my Communications Competition team head over to the wilds of Southampton for the big night tonight. We did a run through earlier, my first one without the safety net notes and I fluffed a couple of bits (not that they came out in the presentation really) but I think we should be OK on timing, we all seem to have employed mouse clicking strategies to pace our selves and slow our nerves down! (ie click mouse, breath, speak). We shall see how things go but know we have at least 2 friendly faces in the crowd tonight.

On other matters we celebrated the birthday of Dr T and the imminent ‘birth day’ of our friends’ sprog but going for all you can eat chinese @ gunwharf on Sunday lunchtime. We all ate lots and so by the time we reached IKB (a JDW) for Dr T’s wanted birthday pint of Old Rosie (this seems to be the only JDW where this occurs, and I’m not referring to my mother!) we were all feeling rather bloated. I doubt any of us other than Dr T had dinner/supper on Sunday. Mind you at the restaurant my mate found that being 8 months pregnant and it all infront (my other girlie best mate is convinced it’s a boy) is that people let you use the loo before them (my friends was in no rush but as it was offered took up the opportunity). We of course spent lunch bringing up nightmare small kid scenerios (like a certain little reader throwing up over mummy when she wanted to go food shopping) … followed by a bit of browsing in the gap outlet at baby clothes (they’re so small and the girl’s ones are so pink! … Let’s hope they have a boy). As Dr T was well behaved we didn’t sing Happy Birthday in a loud voice so the rest of the place could hear (and it’s a big place). All we have to do now is wait about 4.5 weeks to celebrate the 0th birthday of Sprog! …and our friends are condemned to parenthood ;). Maybe by then we might have a name other than Sprog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home