Yesterday I was a brave girl as the New Year Tooth incident ended (although I didn’t get a sticker ‘cos I’m too old).
For yesterday at about 1640hrs the remaining 1/3 of my tooth (a molar at that) was parted with my mouth. Initially it didn’t want to go but it seemed ½ a drawer of tooth pliers (I’m sure my mum could tell me the correct dental terminology) later it came out. I hasten to add here that the scenario I expected (a dead tooth (due to total lack of pain with bits falling off) = extraction) was the case, hence happy to have it done there and then.
The up side is that the extraction cost a 10th of the potential cost of root canal treatment that could have been done a few month back (when the tooth had given me jip again).
The only prob now seems to be that it wants to weep blood far too often for my liking and I feel like a hamster due to slight swelling in the area. I feel a lunchtime trip to the evil monster that is Boots (‘cos we don’t have any local friendly pharmacists in town) for some medical gauze to help this stop (that’s what it says to do on the leaflet). Mind you if all else fails I shall ask my own little dental helpline, i.e. mum.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home