If my paternal grandmother were still alive she would have celebrated her 100th birthday yesterday! I only realised when I went to bed and looked at the date on my alarm clock (that also shows the temperature).
Yesterday we (well more I) didn't have much of a lie in as we were down at the seafront for the 0930hrs high tide (the start of a set of springs) to take photos. I was surprised at how much of the tide was lapping up onto the footpath/ promenade for a not very high spring tide. Dr T has a presentation of the effect of the rise of sea levels on Portsea Island (that's Portsmouth to you foreigners) and the defences required to protect the island and harbours.
Before all the photo taking we however played with on of Dr T's Christmas pressies, a Aerobie Pro frisbee (in a nice shade of purple with day-glo yellow!). It was given to him by the joint culprit of the demise of his previous plastic yellow frisbee (Dr T being the other), that will teach them to go and play frisbee in a wooded area!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home