Auntie Mad seems to be getting more work hassle than I am in the form of her school’s “Question Time” spot. It proved interesting conversation in our household last night (having both state and private education; varying religious belief, neither of which are Catholic; Hmm not sure of Dr T’s political persuasion. No persuading/ trying to get me to state my political stance as I’m counting votes for Pompey instead of watching the Beeb (and getting paid for it at £8.82/ph), I had to sign I wasn’t promoting any political party).
You didn’t get that sort of thing at my old secondary, although unusually for a Secondary Modern latin was available as an after school subject (taught by the Headmaster who was into that sort of thing). I did it because my parents sort of made me, rather unwillingly in the end so gave up before starting the GSCE course for it. My sister did a couple of years of it as well and says it has sort of helped her French and Spanish, but with German is doesn’t make a lot of difference. The arts student of the family seems to pick up languages with ease … annoyingly. However I do possess GCSEs in both German and French .. will learn Spanish/ Catalan one day; that’s my continental Kent upbringing that is. However Dr T is very British in his dislike of foreign languages and unwilling to even let me use my skills .. which stifles my travel bug! I want a weekend in Paris sometime … he doesn’t want to go to a country that doesn’t speak English!?!?
I meanwhile am getting very frustrated with the lack of proper work to do. However today there have been 2 meetings for potential external work, so fingers crossed! Until then I shall ponder on my project review for Chartership, that due to the lack of work I have concerns over as the paperwork for projects is pretty much done. Progress on all matter ICE is reviewed tomorrow with my mentor.
I’m getting all holiday excitement brewing as we’ll be booking tickets & car on Friday (‘cos its payday so we avoid credit card surcharges) for 2 weeks in Ontario in June .. first proper hol with Dr T & for ages! I shall of course be driving as ever. Your suggestions please on places to go in Ontario other than Toronto (our main base) and Niagara Falls. You know where the comments box is.
The next set of hols after that is ‘yoof’ weekend at SAGGA Summer Camp. I’ve swallowed hard, booked flybe tickets to Newcastle (it cheaper overall than trains) and may have some fellow Solent SAGGAites on the flights with me! 1 pick up from Durham station please for Thursday night (I’m not doing a 0705hrs flight from Southampton on Friday morning! Anyway I’m bound to have to subs to collect!). What have I let myself in for? The thermos system? Squash for Kids only (Helmet’s SAGGA AGM call was ‘Squash for Adults!’) . There is even a (female) Solent SAGGA invasion of Sailing Weekend as we’ve been left by TWMs x2. Watch out Solent’s invading the North (we’re certainly going north of Winchester).

4 Comments:
I booked a holiday yesterday (tuesday) and fly out to Prague tomorrow.
Hope you don't mind me hiding that here for the benefit of the SAGGA crowd.
My how spontaneous of you there! Enjoy Prague (on list of places to go, only Dr T won't go 'cos they don't have English as the national language).
How can I get a nice weekend away in Paris with Dr T without having to use cunning means? (passport nabbing and a visit to Kent, oh isn't it nice my olds live 25mins drive from Ashford!) I want to share Paris with him .. but he being stubborn and not willing to go.
That squash for kids only thing is bolixs. If you want squash you drink squash.
Post a Comment
<< Home