Well a day escaped from site but not quite fully from work as I had two calls on the mobile, the first was required as its something I forgot to sort out with the boss yesterday (oops!), needless to say the mobile was turned off after the second call as the day didn't really end up as chilled as hoped. This was mainly due to hassles associated with cancelling my car insurance which I think may now have finally got sorted after too many months.
There were two highlights to the day, I've now got my hair cut and its somewhat shorter than before (shoulder length) ready for NZ. Then it was into town on the bus (so I enjoyed a fine pint of Summer Lightning) for lunch with my friend Mel and the exchange of her birthday pressie. She was most pleased with the 'brand new combine harvester' (toy version) I gave her (along with an odd-ities set with a lizard bottle opener ... I'm tempted by one of them!) Mel then went off to work (and to mail her hubbie to tell him she had a brand new combine harverter ... he's from the West Country which explains a lot!). All this harvester talk may confuse some people but not us Pompogs who were all lovers of The Wurzels having seen them live (sell out at UPSU!), no rally minibus trip (minus the Newbury by-pass) was complete without them or Good Morning Vietnam on the way.
Oh and starting to get excited NZ wise ... this time next week I shall be lounging in Terminal 3 of Heathrow waiting to fly out :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home