April 03, 2003

The maritime section of PCC wish to announce the arrival of their new toy, the lower deck of a linkspan for Berth 3. It arrived at 1000hrs, various Port people were present at its arrival. The linkspan is currently resting and will put in place tomorrow. For photos of the new arrival use the comments box!

On another note, it seems some members of my NZ groups are having a panic about SARS in Singapore. Am I the only one to think about it rationally and not run around like a headless chicken? Or am I too laid back for my own good? The WHO & FCO advice says that you shouldn't cancel travel to that area, more just be aware there have been cases (which are now under control and the link of infection is known). I think its more the case I'm used to having to sort out problems with work at short notice unlike maybe the rest of my group, hence it takes a lot for me to even go near headless chicken mode (or is that me being big headed??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home