Hmm spending this afternoon in Civic to sort things out has proved to not be a very good idea ... first of all the computer didn't want to play so needed one restart and being left for a while after to sort itself out. Now I'm having printer probs as the colour laser (and only A3 printer) for our wing had someone send 80 copies of a 3 page document go through it which backed up everything and then when my bits printed I found out I'd set it up to the wrong scale ... so its in the queue again with all the backed up documents infront of it! Sometime this century I might get my drawing of fender parts (which I got off our drawing archive programme) in my mitts. So this afternoon hasn't been very productive ... shame but that's the way the cookie crumbles (if its a crumbly cookie).
On other office news one of my collegues has just become a dad ... to a baby girl who's they decided to call Rebecca. Hmmm do they know what they're letting themselves in for? I speak from the experience of my little sis who also shares this name ... lets hope his version isn't as bossy!
The weekend of work looms ahead with the latter of the two barges due at 1600hrs tomorrow, which could prove interesting as the Pride of Bilbao has been arriving early in this weather from Bilbao (it then does a friday night Le Havre run) at ...you've guessed it 1600 -1630hrs so hopefully we won't have any probs as she will be berthing on the one next to ours ... And should I need distraction, my dredge works are also getting busy with vessel change overs at the weekend.
And by next Friday the new linkspan should be in so I shall celebrate this by a half or 3 at the Cov Beer Fest (assuming Chez Pinky is agreeable for the use of trendy wood floors!). Roll on that beer .....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home