March 31, 2003

I wrote a blog entry whilst at site on saturday morning but blogger then lost it when I tried to post it :(

So its now Monday and I'm still on site (no surprises there!) but at least we are now minus a linkspan here at Berth 3 (alright not technically true as its about 20m up from its previous position when it was attached to the quayside..) Happiness all round on the removal (even if it left the hinge before the contractors were expecting it to on the rising tide). So I can relax but only for about a day before the installation of the new linkspan starts, but by the weekend all that will be finished as well! We open for business on the lower linkspan next Tuesday (arrgh!)

This meant that my weekend was rather dull as I spent most of it working (not quite as full a day as in the week as I escaped for a while on both days). Most worryingly I was enjoying working on Sunday afternoon, I think it just the combination of lovely sunshine {(shorts sleeves on both days) so donned the shades} and the fact we were starting the removal of the old linkspan with the removal of the floatation tanks, so a milestone moment on site.

The sun is still shining here although its turned a little chilly so I've got the fleece on as well as the short sleeves today. Also my dredge works are due to finish today so I can start to calm down and relax a little before I head to LotRLand (well one can hope).

And just to annoy me ny nose is doing a bit of a streaming tap number, good job I brought that new box of tissues onto site this morning.

And those of you who are going to be enjoy the of beer (or cider) or two at the Cov Beer festival see you at the weekend! (Which I'm no longer working)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home