Boats, Guiding and more boats
Busy weekend and busy morning ….
Friday was good, cramming all the social activities into 1 day and actually spending quality time with Dr T. We went around the harbour in a boat (and took quite a few pictures although my were a bit of a work nature), Lunch in Gunwharf, wander around HMS Warrior (actually far more similar to Victory than I had remembered) once a wedding had passed (the only one of the ship’s licensed for civil marriages, and closed off a section). Followed by birthday present shopping in town and a refreshment or two in IKB before heading home on the bus (as I was drinking :)).
Saturday was County Morning and AGM. The Senior Section training was actually far better than expected, and the international one pretty much as expected. AGM was as dull as they usually are, although more participation by members who had taken part in county events (Brownies, Guides etc.)
Lots of Golden Roses (obviously the new county good service etc. award that’s came in last year) and our Div Comm got her 40 year service award (which we all giggled at in the Pompey S colour party as the awards are a surprise!)
Shattered by the time I got home … then Sunday another non- lay in as it was church parade. 7, count ‘em 7! Brownies attended, were really well behaved (no telling off) and I was left in shock at the number present!
Then this morning another prompt start for a 8:30am boat trip up to just north of Warrior (hence the work type photos on Friday) to survey the jetty where Britannia used to tie up at. QHM gave us permission to be there so no scary police launches trying to arrest me! Followed by another lot of condition surveying with a boat pontoon due to be under council control soon. It’s only lunchtime and I’m exhausted … hmm an early night coming on (I doubt it).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home