July 26, 2005

Hmm smell the woodsmoke ...

Last night I had dinner cooked for me, it involved a little bit of driving and a bit of a walk around the campsites of Foxlease. For I went and had dinner with my sister's Guides who are on camp there. After spending 20mins trying to find the campsite (bumping into another Guider in my district also visiting for dinner) once I arrived, it was found ... Dinner was Spag Bolg & Garlic Bread followed by a huge banana (it was massive), they'd had my promised Peach Surprise the night before :(.

Anyway dinner consumed and Guides nagged to complete washing up we moved to the post dinner activity of Pop Bottle Rockets. The Rockets had been completed earlier in the day. So I was there for the launching effort (and kit). The Guides then did a bit of singing & hot chocolate, followed by going to bed and the required chatting essential for all camps.

We then sat round the best thing there for my sister ... a water heating dustbin (as created earlier by Dave P). For Foxlease has these set up on the sites. So we sat around the kitchen fire and kept warm chatting to the occasional gloop of the water heater.

I came home and stank of woodsmoke, and my coat (currently on the back of my seat) still smells of it so every so often the smell of woodsmoke drifts over the desk.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And tonight it's BBQ smoke. Maybe the surprise in the peach surprise was the lack of peach (and presence of banana)?

July 26, 2005 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I didn't have the gooey marshmallow/ chocolate mess either..

As for the BBQ smoke tonight's weather forcast is for showers so it might be grill smell instead... and I've still got choc mousse to make (and chill)

July 26, 2005 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home