Today was the monthly 1/2hr Maritime team meeting (as opposed to to the 2hr pointless bi-monthly at best HWI team meetings that you don't gain any new info from) and I made my bid to move back eastwards in the office (ie back to the watery section). My main selling point in AOB was that I didn't have any more Highway works as Fav person has taken them away from me (but it would seem this was unknown to the other team leaders who will be providing my new work) and that I would be twiddling my thumbs in days rather than weeks. From the gist with which I infomed them about the highway projects they realised that I'm at rather short of work to do at the mo ... hence me finally trying to inwardly digest the QA Project Management documentation in an attempt to make it more user friendly so it actually gets used! The move won't be as easy as thought due to the free desk I thought I could move into (due to retirement) isn't as free as I thought it would be. However I think a place for me to rest will be found, along with some work to keep me occupied which they shouldn't have to be doing but have to due to Fav Person's poor management skills. Am I finally to escape HWI? Let's hope so (if only so I can be Caz the Happy permanently once more)
In the meantime I shall be translating waffle into plain engineering english! It joins with me trying to translate female gibbish (as my (male) team leader couldn't translate, however as I've spent too long in the company of males even I could quite understand what was being typed....)
Roll on Friday I was starting to enter some thumb twiddling this afternoon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home