May 11, 2004

It's my Birthday today, so I have spent the evening at Brownies followed by a meeting of Brownie leaders to sort out the transport etc. for the region Brownie day in September. Earlier I had a Highways Team Meeting (that ran late so I was late out of work :()

But do not worry I did my celebrating at the weekend by escaping to Dorset for the weekend camping. I had the luxury of being driven around in (mainly the boot of) 'The Beast' aka a V8 Landie Disco .. arrh so nice not having to drive. We saw the relatives at Monkey World on the Saturday, followed by a BBQ, before on Sun am (due to lack of leave & broken head gaskets) of my friends leaving me & Dr T have an entire campsite to ourselves on the Sunday Night! We therefore headed off to Portland Castle (a Henry VIII number) dropping in on Weymouth & Hardy's Cottage (nothing special) on the way back. It was a nice weekend although Dr T did have me in not the hapiest of moods towards him on Sun night & Monday morning ... more to do with work than him. Mind you being on our own on Sun night did mean we talked about some things on the longer horizon (such as Canadian Holidays & Living in Sin). We then headed back to civilisation yesterday via Kingston Lacy's Gardens before seeing each other again in 4 days time!

This also meant I did the cake shopping earlier (and have consumed a custard doughnut) ... hmm this wedding weight loss I think isn't going to happen. On Saturday I'm buying the silk for the dress! (in a shade of electric blue or emrald green to match/ compliement a ulna (scarf/shawl) I got in Bangladesh. Mind you also following tonight's meeting I'm also going to look for butter muslin to make bright neckers from.

As for the pressies received ... I got a folding camp table (friend of camp chairs) from the olds (bought just after easter!) supplemented by a sainsbury's bottle carrier (just like the one I bought yesterday!). Odd pressie was my sister's choice of posh Monsoon Lime Green Flip Flops, I think I shall be having a subtle word with her about changing them for a more suitable shade/ style ....

Hmm I think as the day is over activity wise I may have a birthday tipple (of Tesco 82p perry ... its really quite nice and easily drinkable)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home