May 19, 2004

Well Day 2 was full of Contractural Problems (so be warned I'm gemmed up on these things!) but rather chilly as the air con was over working!But today was back to the gindstone in the office ...

Tried to sort out the silk for my dress for B's wedding, found some in the right sort of shade but its Dupion silk that has a raw silk look so rather liney so I'm not sure how much that will show (so consultation later with mum (dressmaking tutor)) will occur and maybe a visitation to John Lewis in Soton on Sat for its fabric department! I also went and had a look around town for possible evening dresses for the Presidential Ball for when the ICE President visits the South in a month's time, there is a gang of from work going so we have managed to get a table together (mainly 'cos its half price for grad members so only £18). I do have a rather nice glittery black evening dress although at this moment can't get it zipped up :( .... fortunatley I have a week in the Lakes a week beforehand so I'm hoping that it has the same dramatic effect as at New Year (between about mid Dec & mid Jan I managed to loose 1/2stone somehow ... I blame trying to keep my bum and other parts warm whilst walking the (rather pretty) snow at New Year. So cross your fingers I can zip things up in a month's time. Mind you I already have the hair side of things sorted as my YL is a trainee hairdresser (who came 3rd in Ladies Evening Style in a competion a few weeks back and I like the style!) and has said she'll do my hair (the other one said that she was to also take a picture as she wanted to see me in a dress!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home