January 23, 2006

Bit of this, bit of that & escaping the country!

The weekend was full of little bits, rather than anything subtaintial….

On Saturday, I was sorting and tidying (although I don’t seem to be able to any more carpet), but Dr T did an escape to town (and brought me back a pressie!!! The shock! It was a Su Doko CD, as I’m being drawn into them (I blame The Times Christmas Samurai Special I nabbed at my parents)). Along with more posting of cards up on the website and replying to some e-mails that needed stuff to be looked up.

Sunday was a bit of research for the card making with a demo near some friends (and a bit of purchasing on things that had been mulled over). We saw our friends afterwards and from it I might have a commission for some 1st Birthday Party invites, so we’ll see what happens there. Then as we were leaving Dr T reminded me I’d said that I’d treat him to lunch if he came along to the crafty place (I’d forgotten this, and it was in reference to pub nearby to the crafty place, not generally but he stood firm!). We ended up in the local two for one place (after another place was really busy and we didn’t want JDW), let’s just say we won’t be rushing back! The service is lousy, the drinks are expensive and the food just isn’t worth it… but we’ve put it down to experience, and it made us realise that we compare these types of places with JDW (and the kids that get attracted to the places, I’ve never seen so many personal video game players in the same room!).

The afternoon lead to a bit of relaxing, a bit of card making experimentation (I think I may have the embossing thing sorted now (my stamping technique was letting me down). So hopefully some embossed cards will be coming off the production line after my visit to Amsterdam.

Today there has been a flurry of e-mails between here and Leeds as Girlie Weekend planning goes into hyperdrive! We head off on Thursday for 4 days of Culture, Sightseeing, eating & drinking in Amsterdam. I love the trams (1 hour’s worth of travel in central Amsterdam about £1!), so I think we may be using them a bit (we have a day pass included in the Youth Hostel package that covers quite a bit of what we wanted to do). We’re staying next to Vondelpark, just down the road from it seems lots of eateries and loads of museums! We’re both rather looking forward to our brief escape of the country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home