Yeah after too many days of trying I’ve finally made it back into the office so I can get on with the feasibility study I’ve been wanting to get started on for days (having now had the ability to print out a required plan of the area). So in a little while (after consumption of 1 mug of coffee (black) and probably a smartie cookie (BOGOF in Tesco at the mo)) I shall head out to the wilds of my former stomping ground (back when I was a fresher) of Eastney (its been a bit blowy round here lately) to do the initial site visit for all the things to get in the way of the cycle route.
Talking of freshers Dr T has got his info pack from my former place of education, the University of Portsmouth. From what I can see so far, by students paying tuition fees they get a diary before they start … mind you if you pay them (or if you’re really lucky my mate Mel) early you get 2% off the fees (whether that’s just the MSc I don’t know). Anyway he has to turn up on the 8th to register although doesn’t have his first lecture until the following week at 10am! (Students these days!) This also means that w/b 4/10/04 is not a good week to lunch with Mel as she’ll be snowed under taking the students money (being in the income section as she is) with their variety of credit cards in the case of foreign students and having to spend too much time on the phone to NatWest for authorisation! ….. as for us workers it means the Guildhall pubs will be full of a lunchtime and the kiddies will be everywhere again …
But the big question is how much of Dr T’s course fees can we make back on student discounts?
Hmm the aroma of the smartie cookie is calling me so I shall consume, drink and get blown about …

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home