November 17, 2005

News from the South Coast

Brrr, winter has finally hit the south coast, as I had to scrape my car before driving to work. Fleece is now essential item for the lunchtime dash to Spar.

Other events on the south coast include this news. The shop’s closed for the moment (darn as I wanted a look around as its only just opened). But the thought I’m left with is How? The only reason I come to is an unsupervised toddler. I’m guessing the handrail concerned is a wire/ glass panel between rail and floor, there is no reporting of a panel breaking so all I can think is assault course style mounting of wires. Whilst I have no children of my own, I pretty certain in this sort of situation I’d be keeping my eye on them (of only to stop my sister’s childhood fav of running off in shops (to go with M&S entrance tantrums)). That said some parents aren’t of the highest of intelligence or common sense and think nothing is ever their fault for what their kiddies do (we have quite a few in this city). PCC & HSE are apparently investigating … hopeful all becomes clear with this.

On better news unlike Em I’m not feeling sleeping/ sore eyed … after a early night and not doing much. Dr T wanted to go to the cinema … but I’d have just fallen asleep in the dark environment. I also tried to point out that when your eyes are really sore and knackered it’s not the best thing to drive (being fully aware of a 3 hour drive on Friday to Lufbra).

Following on from this better news, I was please to see that one of the 4 nameless fish that had been looking at death’s door as I left from work was back swimming when I returned, even if in a bit of a ‘Finding Nemo’ style (2 of his fins don’t seem to be all there). On closer inspection I suspect Spooky (much bigger fish) has had a nip at the fish, to be known as ‘Nemo’. So as we weren’t hairing about to the cinema and the lack of health in Nemo the pump was cleaned and sorted last night for the first time in ages. Tonight I might even change over some water and siphon the muck in the gravel. LOL they have even had a postcard from my parents from the Dutch Antilles (after they had a wedding anniversary card with a goldfish bowl on that I signed from us and the fish .. ) with a relative on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reportage on that great piece on inaccurate newspaperage that is 'The News' says the toddler lost the gasp of his father's hand as he waved to his mother below and fell. Curiouser and curiouser. Surely they have some form of barriering between the the handrail and floor when on a mezzanine level? If not, then the shop is being a bit foolish and unsafe.

November 17, 2005 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home