October 21, 2004

I’m still waiting for the hard copy of my tender documents to come through to me .. the electronic version was sent last night … I feel it’s going to be about 3pm before I see them to check and amend before they go for checking/ approval & printing. As I’ve finished sorting out the the other bits I had to do I feel some thumb twidlding coming on. Mind you no phone calls about the tender issued at the start of the week, which is always good.

The rain is still here (thank the IOW & Portsdown Hill for that) but there are glimpses of sunshine to cheer us up (and warm the office to cooking temperature).
Geography Lesson: The rain has a tendancy for staying in Portsmouth once it arrives due to the Valley effect caused by IOW on one side and Portsdown Hill on the other. However this does have a benefit as it also means we have warmer winters in our little micro-climate.

Tonight is Archery so a bit of stress relief and maybe a bit of scoring sort out the concentration for better aiming. I’ve finally succumbed to GNAS membership so can run the line (as quite often I find myself as the most experienced archer) and maybe, just maybe I might even enter a competition (nothing flash just a local club one ..) to see how I go as I don’t really have anybody to compare myself with as most of the good archers are longbow where getting a Gold is really good whereas recurve (what I shoot) it should be happening with most arrow most rounds.
After which it’s tidying and sorting before the arrival of little sis sat dinner (after Dr T & I have been to the Easleigh Beer Fest). Maybe if he’s feeling nice he might have put the hoover around the flat today as he’s got no lectures, mind you I don’t hold out much hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home