As I was trying to get to sleep my mind drifted back to being in Bangladesh (not doubt spurred by the fact my sister’s hubby to be is after some Bangla bits for school this term), or rather brushing my teeth of a morning in Dhaka. You see we used the basins outside the 2nd bathroom for the Guide HQ flat which were on the corner of the building and had the cut out mesh stuff you have instead of windows there so could watch the bicycle/ rickshaw repair man at work at the side of the road and girls arriving for the 2 schools on the junction by rickshaw and the general bustle of Dhaka. It certainly made brushing your teeth more enjoyable. This memory made me long once more to be in Bangladesh but alas without another GOLD type trip its unlikely as its hard to just be there as a tourist. I shall have a look through my bits and hopefully be able to pull out some bits that give a Year 5 class a good idea about the place. Maybe its also time for a curry tonight, the legacy of the trip which we had to prepare for culinarywise by having a curry a week to get up to hot by the time we were there … and now I can’t go a week without something spicy!
Life's A Beach
... and then a freak winter storm arrives in August!
January 06, 2004
Caz ...
has Just watched ...in a summer film fest!
Hell Boy 2
Clone Wars
The Dark Knight
X Files: I want to believe
Wall E
is about to watch on DVD
Indiana Jones Box Set
is listening to
Ocean FM
BBC Five Live
Barenaked Ladies Are Men
is currently reading
Blue Shoes & Happiness
is still reading
Harry Potter 7
is Blogging to
Rambling Wrights
K
Mad
Pinky
Pete
Si J
James
is keeping an eye on...
Cuisine de Pompey
Karen Burniston
Cathy Zielske
Barenaked Ladies Blog
PhD Comics
has a bit of thing for ...
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
Keen Blvd Footwear
is surfing to
The Beeb
Girlguiding UK
Flickr
CAMRA
ICE
Easy Fundraising
Amazon
Spinnaker Tower
is wanting
Amazon
has signed
Save our Orchards!
Supporting her Brownies
Today's Terror Alert Rating
Previous Posts
- Another year has passed and I start another new di...
- I'm currently having a quick mail and surf session...
- A brief post whilst resting at home for a little w...
- Yeah today is my last day at work until the 5th Ja...
- I sit here at work in a section with a whole 3 peo...
- I have returned from the North and have the good D...
- The afternoon is dragging. This is probably not he...
- Hmm it's Friday and the weekend is nearly nigh! I ...
- I was made to giggle by a bit of confused identity...
- Hmm having just looked once more at my prime conte...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home