Today I had a meeting with my SCE (Supervising Civil Engineer) to review my professional qulifications progress. I was good as I was able to change what was a very negative 'what I have done in the last 3 months' into a positve comparision in the ways of working and areas to be proactive in with my current section. He was encouraged to hear despite me not being able to make as much headway as hoped that I was still making an effort to get a lot closer to sitting my professional review in Spring 2005 .. he politely said that I was currently travelling in the middle lane when I should be in the fast lane but he felt I was indicating and about to pull out into the fast lane. It seems my SCE really would like this to be the case although it seems he thinks maybe I'm far to nice for my own good, his words 'you have a lovely sunny disposition and always seem positive about everything but for once maybe you need to be a little bit less unselfish and put yourself first'. Its nice to think that I'm thought to bring a ray of sunshine into the place even if I've been stuck in a bit of a gestapo department (his words) and away from my nice family environment of Maritime.
My current sunny disposition is probably helped by to imminate arrival on friday evening of the Delightful Dr T .... it looks as if we're going to have a proper meal out (hmm I think its the second one ever if you count a meal out in Lyon as the first {LOL to self at Dr T's v.poor french accent ;)}). Then the rest of the evening will be shared with the members of Solent SAGGA (with some stop outs from Soton SSAGO) for our first event! Then we have a day in cinemaland when we finally get to watch LXG & Matrix Revolutions (I don't want to know what happens!) ... So it looks as if the weekend will be good.
.... but first I have to endure a District meeting tomorrow night (apparently I have been missed by them!). Next week's likely boredom event comes in the form of an ICE evening meeting on the South East Coastal Regional Monitoring Programme to be held at Oldgit Phil's workplace of SOC (Southampton Oceanography Centre) in the delightful surroundings of the container port! Mind you it might be interesting ... I shall see!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home