October 03, 2003

Hmm I've just been trying to find a local news story to e-mail to my mum (but failing as The News won't load). A NHS dental surgery opened this week in Fareham and had people queuing at 0730hrs as it is the only NHS Dental surgery taking paitents in the town. Its times like this I'm left with the feeling of pride and frustration. Pride in the fact that my mum is a 100% NHS dentist, and in an area where the money grabbing private dentists aren't interested; domicilary dentistry (ie treating the elderly in residential homes etc.). She gets job satifaction from the treatment she gives and the people she meets, not how big her bank balance is ... I only wish there were more with her attitude. This also leads to the frustration as it seems my mum is one a small breed who treat people on the NHS and I really wish more dentists would thinks of things other than money these days. The BDA & Government talk of raising NHS pay to dentists again to be near NHS Doctors ... but they've been doing that for years ... I remain skeptical.

On other news in the world of Caz, or rather her little sister... My little sister is due to be getting married next August but Dr T won't get to see me all dressed and in a posh frock (which I think secretly he'd like to see) as she's chosen a friend to be her brisdesmaid ... she claims she'll find me something to do but it did seem to be an afterthought ... I await to see if motherly intervention takes place on this issue.... more news in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home