Yeah! The liaison meeting I feared would be bad wasn’t at all as there were only 3 of us there!
I’m also happy as I’ve finished ‘The Big Quiz’ to raise money for the NZ trip … if you’re interested its £1 to enter with a £20 prize. Planning to start selling it at the Lufbra Rally and then through Brownies. Just over 2 months until I leave! So tonight and the rest of the week will be filled with fleece sewing to finish the hats and scarves to sell … Hmm it would seem that NZ is my evening job at the mo but once I’ve got everything ready to start selling at the rally it should be easier as it will just be replacing items that have sold when we are selling through Brownies etc.
As for the weekend, I spend a nice Saturday quaffing beer at the Derby Beer Festival. Had some fine halves (beer festivals are the only places you’ll find me drinking those) hmm I think Ramblers Special from Clearwater was my favourite … Tom was certainly taken on ‘Janet’s Jungle Juice’ from the cider/ perry range. There were of course the usual real ale anoraks present for us to people watch and still only a few of the more youthful drinkers such as ourselves. Next stop on the festival trail is Lufbra at the end of the month!
In the meantime I shall spend too much of my free time engrossed with Guiding related work this week in between looking at steel and concrete (with a concrete pour due on Friday (or if work progresses well Thursday!))

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home