February 03, 2003

I don’t know about you lot but I had a very enjoyable weekend ….

Did not a lot Sat except mainly sleep which was required, as on Sunday we got up far too early so we could sit on a train for just over 2 hours to get to London (the 1:50 time was extended due to a re-route because of engineering works) .. hmm why does it take less time to travel by train from Lufbra/ Brum etc. to London than it does from Pompey … well I do know the answer to that one … it’s the lack of infrastructure in the railways that means we can’t go any faster than we are …
Anyway in London I headed to Olympia and picked up some bits about Singapore alas there wasn’t a NZ stand this year so I just picked up the odd pen before moving on … to the jam that was Chinatown as following on the romantic meal front after Ikea we went to the ‘Wonky eye’ (really called the Wong Kei) for lunch .. hmm they do a nice Singapore noodle (and the chilli beef isn’t too bad either) before heading back to Kensington and spending the rest of the day in the Science Museum. Then it was farewells on a Piccadilly Line train as I changed lines leaving Tom to stay on before he got off to head back north … I in the meantime went on a train then on a bus then back on a train for the journey home...

Now back to site life but at least in a better frame of mind for work than last week. Although have a nagging annoyance as it would seem all is not quite well with my specs … currently monitoring the situation before I go back to Boots with them as I’ve only had them 2.5months!

I’ve also managed to book up all bar 1 or 2 weekends between now and NZ and most of them are due to Beer Festivals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home