Well long time no blog … why you ask? It’s ‘cos I’ve been such a busy girl!
Started Friday with the postman being earlier than the rest of the week which annoyed me as I’d said to the Dr that he was being late so don’t bother posting anything… Then had Friday afternoon off when I drove up to Lufbra to spend some time with Dr T before descending into the insanity that is a SSAGO rally as we were to have a romantic night apart as staff on the rally. So late night No.1 … but sales of fleecy hats went well ….
Sat and woke up ate some breakkie, did not a lot as I wasn’t doing any of the incident hike stuff so went over to Nanpantan Scout hut where lunch was.. once they had lost the kiddies we had a gascit meeting before I escaped for a little while to the swan for a pint and a bit of skittles. Then onto campus for dinner (which actually quite good for hall food) after which me and Dr T escaped to his lab to check e-mail etc. before returning for the start of the barn dance. Did a strange ‘strip the willow’ and think as a result of that dance my upper right arm now hurts when I lift heavy things (like the site laptop in it case …) but I escaped baskets (good thing!). Back for another late night (always great when you’ve felt tired for too much of the day)
Sunday … entered kitchen later than usual for a brekkie cooking session as was told there were plenty of others …. Only to find they had just started to cook it … would rather forget the rest … then escaped the kitchen when Claire, Mad and other Gascit bodies arrived for the sales pitch at the AGM (Camp good, AGM bad). They also covered as vote collectors/ counters. Dr T got his 5 questions in for the minutes to beat last years 4 mentions … my particular fav was the the ‘When was the last time you Surpr!sed yourself?’ to the two candidates for Chair of the exec, it made the GGUK rep smile!
Dr T (in his want to never escape the world of SSAGO) has put himself forward for the position of Associate Members Officer/ Rep on the exec … it’s a more postal vote so we shall see what happens (so if you are an associate … Vote Tom … he’s got experience! He will probably be none too pleased for that link ;) ). Mad's Gascit presentation I feel was the highlight of the AGM as it woke everyone up (and got quite a few laughs if only for the SAGA/SAGGA comments and ‘Camp good, AGM bad’ catchphase).
Then the usual pack up and return back south … although it took 1 hour to leave lufbra while we tried to fix my driver’s side door lock with gaffer tape (alas unsuccessfully) so I drove back with the door tied up with one of my walking boot laces … the doorlock gets properly fixed on Wednesday! Pit stop at Dicot Maccys for dinner … before unload car and collapse into bed for Lie in on Monday!
Monday wasn’t spent quite the way planned … had a bit of a lie in but not as much as hoped ‘cos I couldn’t go back to sleep .. so got up and made chocolate pots (courtesy of ‘Return of the Naked Chef’) ready for the pre-concert descent by the rest of the Playfair Rd Mob who were also spending their night appreciating the live experience of Def Leppard. I also had some post with a Leicestershire stamp on it although the Leicestershire resident present was trying to deny that the writing on the card/ envelope was his in neat trying not to be his normal writing mode… the card was cool (and an idea for the fundraising maybe …). Then on the Pompey tour tried to get the bit of plastic that’s missing on the door lock .. . but you have to get the whole lock so ended up at Perrys (boo hiss…. they aren’t much cop in C/bury) and have to get it sorted there :(. Then onto the C&C where we were very good and no alcohol was bought using my Guiders warrant to get in … but Dr T was tempted …
Then dinner of Raclette & choc pots (very rich so not all of us could finish them so Dr T helped there being the chocoholic that he is (with general lack of tummy much to Sam’s annoyance! He did then point out he wasn’t a rake but we felt he had more of a cider appreciation tummy). Then round to Portsmouth Guildhall for Def Leppard Yeah! Lots of singing, swaying of heads to various degrees (and Dr T entering loud mode once more … he enjoyed his xmas pressie!). We all had the ear ringing starting at various stages (except for Dr T …. not fair!!!) on the return journey. They were really good although the second support band singer was a bit too glam rock for me with the zebra print jumpsuit and high pitched singing… I really enjoyed myself and it was good to share the enjoyment with Dr T .. although I felt he would have appreciated having longer hair!
Now back to the world of work :( but yesterday finally after about 2.5months my rigger boots arrived on site …. Although one of them is a little tight on the calf ‘cos they are girlie size so I'm stretching them as I type!
So as you see I’ve been a bit busy of late ….

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home