February 13, 2003

Hmmm GGUK have got me worked up again! So Caz will now enter rant mode!

I had my first Holiday Licence Mentor meeting last night, where of course the subject that of having a 'male' on pack holiday (PH) came up ... the Guider wasn't totally anti-male which is good. However it would seeem that when concerning 'males' GGUK thinks monsters as if they should be kept hidden/ away from the girls, What sort of message does that send out to the Brownies? ... All males are bad? Rather than Males can be nice and friendly (eg like there dad?) (and for those you who know/ guess the male concerned will know its the latter). It would seem they expect us to be mature and responsible adults with the girls but as soon as a 'male' enter the picture they treat us like kids. We aren't allowed to share with them (how many houses do you know with separate male/ female loos) as if we're going to catch something! She did at least seem to bend a little concerning adults using the male loos when not occupied by the 'male' ... well I think she twigged it was going to happen anyway due to common sense!
So I'm left with one of my 'why do I stick with the annoying attitude of GGUK' ... and then I have to remember unless people who aren't the norm 'just so, girlie' Guiders the Brownies would have a somewhat warped view of life! ... but they do test me at times! (I don't want all my Brownies to turn out as Nurses, teachers and general admin people that seem to dominate the world of Guiding, I'd like them to at least see they can do something else if they want). With this attutide towards males it easy to see why people have such a stereotypical view of GGUK.

There rant over! GGUK at their blue knicker best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home