I am bouncy and happy!
Why? Well I spent the weekend indulging in scrapbooking (but that ain’t no sugar paper malarkey, for a bit of what I mean head here); on a table no less! Even better I could leave my stuff all out in place and go and have dinner, head to bed (although the hours kept were similar to Rallies …so that’s early hours) and it would still be there when I returned!. I was really inspired and have pushed myself to the next level, which I’ve been wanting to do for a while. It also got me to a crop (aka a meeting of scrappers), which I’ve been a bit scared to go to as I didn’t think my Layouts (aka pages) were that good. But as this was ‘Scrapping Guiders’ I went knowing it wouldn’t be that scary! It wasn’t … and I really enjoyed it .. as we all did … we all left with when and where will the next one be (a pair have already done the head planning on the journey home, they just need to check the campsite!). Some of those present pointed out who needs the luxury of the commercial weekends …. Heck we just want a table to scrap at, a bed to sleep on (and we don’t mind dorms), a kitchen for food cooking and we’re sorted (for a heck of a lot less than the commercial ones charge!). The weekend had come about from Scrapping Guiders who'd been at the big weekends but felt that there was something missing, there friendship of scrapping just wasn't the same as that of Guiding .... so we had beginners being helped by more experienced scrappers, sharing of kits ideas and bits if you had what would finish off someone elses layout and vice versa ... really just the Guiding ethos of helping out others ... it had been the missing bit from the commercial ones apparently, it was there a little bit, but not to the level we had! I certainly felt I did my best for the layouts I produced! I've also resolved the issue of how I scrap a page of a gift album, as its a bit awkward, but after some discussion, I worked out how I can get around it as it was a photo I want to get in...
But the thing I was most chuffed about was that I won the prize for the ‘Why do I scrap?’ page! …. As seen below! (well soon when I get home).
Behind the panel of little squares is my hidden journaling (aka writing), on the reasons and history of why … which is what they really liked… I was so chuffed!! … heck I’m still chuffed!
I got quite a bit done, enjoyed the photos I scrapped. Which included a nice photo (well he’s not sticking his tongue out) of Dr T, the finished layout was liked by one of the other scrappers there, who I really liked what she was producing. Oh and I really liked what I had produced.
So I really good weekend, hmm can we get a catch up sorted for Solent Area (et al) so I can indulge in a similar weekend of crafting …. Hmm wonder when Barn or Cricket are free …..


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home