The (Lack of) Intelligence in Postmenpeople
As many of my readers know Dr T is a man of
So why I hear you ask am I writing about post, Dr T & doorbells? Well yesterday Dr T happened to go to down to our lobby after the postal delivery time (which he knows well these days) and found a red slip from the post office for us. This puzzled him as he’d been in all day and not heard either our doorbell, or that of the flat below (which we can hear if a little muffled). He’d not been a domestic god with the hoover or playing his heavy metal at loud volume not to hear the doorbell (which we know works). This has led us to conclude that the postal worker does not know how to operate a doorbell. Neither did they know their ID/ Route number as it wasn’t on the slip we noticed.
So I attempted to retrieve the aforementioned parcel (as they weren’t going to re-attempt delivery today … ready for Dr T to pounce) from the collection office. Alas in my rush out the door I forgot the red slip. So in a slightly jobworth manner … no red slip no looking; I explained that my partner had been in but no doorbell ringage … but a not fussed Royal Mail worker didn’t seem to twig. So I tried to get it redelivered … but that won’t happen until Thursday at the earliest, so gave up on that and resigned myself to another longer than wished lunch hour tomorrow … all because someone can’t check that someone is in a property. So I asked for the complaints information (there was of course none in the waiting area) … and was given a post it note with a phone number on. Do you get the feeling that Royal Mail around here get either get lots of complaints or don’t care about their customers? … if not both!
So one internet based complaint later we’ll await the outcome for a parcel (which is too large to fit through our postbox) someone was in to receive!!! We also know who exactly it comes from … my mum (she gave it away with first names only and my full first name (they specifically chose it as its wasn’t shortened easily! My parents always call me by it regardless of everyone else and behaviour)) and think it might be of a seasonal chocolate nature (if not, it’s a surprise!).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home