April 05, 2004

It’s Monday night and I’m sat enjoying my new upstairs flat … mind you I’m sat surrounded by lots of boxes and with a HUGE pile of rubbish and recycling for the bin men tomorrow. I’m sat here and it would seem that this flat is a lot quieter than downstairs due to the lack of passing people. I think I’m going to enjoy being here. One thing I do know is that I love my new huge kitchen …. only it too is full of bits which are to be sorted/ binned … I think from what I moved up that the binmen here will be busy for a while. The binning is required if I’m ever going to live in sin!
I will be going back kitchenwards soon so it is at least clear enough to have a Brownie Programme planning meeting in tomorrow night … then I think the bedroom is next so Dr T can get into bed by walking around it when we return from our travels after Easter.

In the meantime work will be keeping me from taking leave to sort things out because I’m being required in meetings following some trainings at the end of last week.

I moved up on Saturday so co-ered some friends to help me. This also meant we celebrated M’s birthday (30!) a bit belatedly (she went to Cubs to celebrate on the day) with a surprise cake (and campfire of candles .. phew it was hot; her hubby was also forgiven for his aiding in cake choice for me & S) and met S’s new bloke (who I appreciated if only for is aid in moving my washing machine). He seems a really nice bloke and they seem happy together (although its early days) so I’m really happy for S and hope things go well. Mind you the lack of Dr T’s presence was noted (M said she wasn’t the oldest there at the weekend as Dr T was there in spirit!). His lack of presence was due to being at his former place of study doing (or more accurately ‘attempting to’) do experiments. Most of my e-mail communication of late he’s been waiting for a particle (but I don’t know in each case whether it happened). So yep I was stood up for a particle ;) at least it wasn’t a can of kidney beans! Mind you I get to see him on Thursday :) followed by a weekend joined by his scouts & the leaders, before he descends south to see my olds and then along the coast to drop in on his and seeing Roverang (which many moons ago the Good doctor appeared in!)

I’ve probably bored you but it a big update as I prob won’t be writing again for a while! But then I might ….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home