In the style of Mad I'm doing a bit of late night blogging under the influence of alcohol. This is in the name of 'team-building' Maritime style... and our employer picked up the majority of the cost! We had a sum of up to £25 per head to spend on 'team-building' as a pat on the back for doing such a good job sorting out 2 new loading facilities in just over a year. Being the social souls we are we rather fancied no 'facilitators' and running around woods scenerio but a nice meal out together ... so I have just visted a rather nice (and not visited by most) italian restaurant followed by a couple of drinks in a pub after all for the bargin price of a £10 for most of us (drivers escaped kitty contributions as they were transporting the drinkers home!) Wine and conversation flowed and I can say I have learnt a bit more about some of the people I work with and we discussed some things that would never get discussing in a work scernio .... so therefore we have team built, definately our kind of team-building! And not a facilitator to be seen!
... finally Dr T will be pleased to hear he does not have to share the same room with me tonight as I have been drinking (and plied with more of it) red wine.... it has similar effects as port does on me (which is why Dr T doesn't appreciate me drinking it when I camp with him).
Better post and catch some zzzzs before going back to the slog of highways .. but this evening started well before I even arrived at the restaurant by me being informed this afternoon I have part of a ticket back to Martime by being part time on site with a flood protection scheme in Old Portsmouth over the summer (tan here I come!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home