Hmm a day off yesterday but today its back to much of the same, so far I think I’ve just about been allowed to speak 2 sentences (although fav person has started to walk off after the first word on both occasions). I feel its going to be another week where it seems that people only want to talk to me to tell me to do something for them or to have a go about when I’m going to do something (despite me saying repeatedly when it will be done). It feels as if people would like me to treat me like a Victorian child, that is seen and not heard … although it does still seem that I am invisible to many most of the time (until that its they want me to do something for them). But of course I’m meant to be motivated and happy to be at work … which is very hard when you’re being treated like this and generally rather down!
So I’m left with the fact that it looks as if I’m going to have to make a move I don’t want to. I don’t really want to move to the private sector as I’m frankly scared of what I’ll encounter (not helped that I currently feel as if I’m a cr*p engineer {from the way I’ve been treated of late} so will be rejected) as I’ve always worked for local government, which also gets into the ethics bit, I don’t know if I want to work for a global company. I’m in a bit of a catch 22 situtaion; I can’t stay where I am because its frankly making me seriously unhappy but at the same time I’m scared to move to the unknown world of the private sector (as well as I like working in Portsmouth).
Mind you the highlight of the day (so far) was the daily calendar quote for yesterday. ‘A critic is a person who knows the way, but can’t drive the car’, this of course made me chuckle (inside, laughter is frowned upon around here) as Dr T STILL hasn’t learn to drive (although he did mention he might have to learn at the weekend for a job!)
Brownies tonight is World Flag Beetle for the World Guiding Badge we’re doing at the mo. … lets hope the darlings are good tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home