March 02, 2003

Well Guys & Girls I'm back from the Standard Serivce and all went well, no probs with flags. I was smart (in my polo/ sweater combo and haired tied back in a bun ... see I can make an effort when required!) and happily wearing my black DM boots and funky stripey toe socks (which were on their first outing!) to annoy those people who feel they must wear black court shoes to such occasions. There were lots of photos taken of the glitzy new standard (featuring bright red satin and lots of gold material) we had a whole 1 brownie outside the colour party (and she was the sister of one of the colour party) but that's what you get for having the service on the end weekend of half term.

The service was pretty good, and short enough we didn't really have too many figity Brownies & Rainbows with primary school hymns that they could sing. .... mind you life hits back on Tuesday with pancake cooking! Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home