March 05, 2003

Well after a couple of Dolphin disasters (but the first pancakes never go well) we did well at the pancake cooking … all the Brownies got their pancakes with a variety of fillings ... and a few more people found out about the delights of Dark choc spread melted in pancakes! Although most went for the trad lemon & sugar. So with the aid of Kestrel’s electric 2 ring hob & Snowdrop as pancake partner we had quite a jolly time!!

… and the letters went out saying about NZ to the parents so hopefully I’ll have some Brownie sales next week to join the one from our district President (who’s really nice, sort of granny figure to the Brownies, and an affiliate GGUK member) … but she also gave me some better news, the Trefoil Guild always try to give some money towards trips so if I write a letter to them and drop it off to her she’ll pass it on! … then I got home and received a cc mail from person & club unknown to me saying I was receiving a cheque for £50 … I await the cheque to see which of my begging letters has been successful!

Meanwhile on the specs front … went back to Boots with the glasses, saw the manager with them and they are now winging there way back to the lab where they were made, as polycarbonate lenses shouldn’t crack like that, he said the most likely cause is that they weren’t finished off quite right that could have lead to that … so while I await them back I’m on contact lenses, so having the hassle of trying to get them in each morning … currently the right eye plays ball each time but the left eye doesn’t want to … anyway hopefully the technique will improve as time goes on … we shall see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home