Tunes ..... (not of the i variety)
At the end of last week I picked up my new toy (I had to see a site near our boundary.. so hopped out of the area on my lunch break and picked this up on Fastrack); which I spent the weekend uploading tunes to. Its better on the display for the tunes (which in our case are oggs). Mind you the earphones are rubbish, so the Sennheisers that Dr T gave me for (I think) Christmas last year (or was it birthday?), complete with sellotape (as they don’t have an angled jack so get knocked too much by me and now shows the wires) are attached for decent sound reproduction.
Unlike my little black box this one does random over the whole selection of tunes (my older smaller box just does a folder i.e. artist).
So I too can now play the Si/ Dr T style first lines …
2. I saw some stars that were lame.
3. Telephone is ringing, ringing off the wall.
5. From London to Lisbon and all points between.
6. I’d rather be liberated.
7. People, places, pursuing the chases.
8. Now the world is getting older.
9. I’ve been standing out in the rain.
10. If you’ve done nothing wrong, you’ve got nothing to fear.
11. (a-wa) o kodwa u zo-nge li-sa namhlange
12. Yes, I’m lonely.
13. For you, they’ll be no more crying.
14. Heaven on earth.
16. Mama, they try and break me.
18. Now I farmed in Carmsbury.
19. I left you in the rain.
20. How many of you people are there?
Hmm is def a couple tricky ones I feel, some might take a bit of guessing … but I’ll give it a few days before the hints come out …

10 Comments:
15- Madonna, Hung up?
Correct Si!
Okay, I could be wrong, but I think 11 may be "Oh, what a circus!" as sung by David Essex (not sure on exact ! placement) from my ALW Gold CD (also featured in a Blogless quiz near you), while 17 looks like "From the Inside" by Def Leppard, from their album Retroactive.
You're right with No.17, but wrong with No.11
Number 1: "Summer Rain", by Belinda Carlisle. On Runaway Horses, and probably the Greatest Hits too.
Tom is correct, this version is from Greatest Hits.
11 reads nothing like
"Salve regina mater misericordiae"
Okay, Tom has had a fairly fruitless walk to the Round Tower and back, but on the way he heard Genesis singing Follow You Follow Me (or is it the other way around?) for number 4, and Robbie Williams singing number 2, but since I didn't have the display attached, I don't know what the song's called.
Dr T claims song No.4 correctly. He has given you half the answer for No.2, must try harder ...
Hmmm, I think we could do with some second lines. . .
Post a Comment
<< Home