June 20, 2006

Saying Thank You (and the odd spot of Guiding)

Life is pootling along nicely, if rather quickly towards my escape of the country on the 30th (10 days to go, 10 days to go!).

After the events at the end of May, work has ended up being somewhat more busy than I initially thought it would be so I’m rather tired some days by the time I get home to sort out Canada stuff. But it’s nice that after so long of being in a major lull, that I’m happy about my work and enjoying what I do once more. It’s a change, and it seems after yesterday a fairly long term one; as my big boss thanked me for stepping in and taking stuff over and sorting out some of the loose ends so well .. and to check I was happy working in Coastal (Hmm there is a job coming up there …. Do I apply?). Ports is awaiting a few major decisions which will increase workload, but in the meantime to sort out staff resources I’ll be staying with costal until at least the autumn probably. So does this mean I should change my blog name to 'Coastal Queen'?

It was rather nice to be thanked at work as too often when people do stuff they are rarely thanked (well that’s my view, maybe made cynical from Brownie Parents). In 2005 the new years resolution I made was to say thank you whenever possible … particularly when people would not be expecting it. As too often after I’ve put in a lot of work its nice to have someone say thank you for making that effort, not that it often happens. Mind you these days a few more Brownies (and their Parents) do actually say Thank you (previously we only expected the odd one), we must have some well ‘dragged’ up girls at the moment.

Otherwise things are starting to come together on the run down to the flight out … clothes are being washed and put to one side, UK badges sewn onto the new uniform, swaps (of a non badge nature, courtesy of freecycle) being sorted … just presentation posters to make up (which my Brownies and my sister’s Guides (who are nicely on a region camp this weekend along with mum) will be helping out as photo models & quote makers).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home