July 26, 2004

Due to the lack of M25 hassles I enjoyed letting the Silver Bullet out for a long run (yep Dr T did look at my speedo as I was driving to Fav Station on the A2 and sort of tutting) which after 9 months is still as fun to drive! Dr T commented on whether I had watched Top Gear the previous Sunday where they had the Mini Copper S against the Fabia VRS. I had and it wasn't anything new as Fifth gear had this race a few months back, yep the VRS is faster and a diesel and it won! I particularly liked Clarkson's comments as he said the Fabia you put the foot down and it just powered away and you felt as if you had to tame it. Mr Clarkson I agree! This is how feel about the bullet which has the slightly less tuned version of the VRS engine (ie bog standard 30bhp less than VRS) as they don't do a VRS estate and its just as fun and good to drive (and the fuel economy is magnifcent as well to go with the speed). Oooh I still love it, just hope I don't get any speeding points due to it, as it creeps up the speedo without you realising as it hardly needs more than a dab on the accelerator most of the time. (Caz goes off and bounces tigger like about how much she still loves her car!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Dear Tom,

Learn to drive, then you can tut.

July 29, 2004 8:38 PM  
Blogger Caz said...

What a good suggestion Si .. been trying to encorage him for the past 3.5 years.
I do point out that he can critise people's driving when he owns a full licence, he doesn't so shouldn't complain!

July 30, 2004 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home