I have returned from my homeland of the Garden of England, that is Kent. No M25 hassles for once (so I was happy).
I drank good beer in the cowshed at the Beer Festival, a notable good tipple were Dr Sunshine’s Special Friendly Wheat Beer (bit like Crop Circle from Hopback) from the ‘Pink Girlie Bar’ (which has lighter easy drinking beers). Followed by the traditional drunken shopping (Tintin DVD set, finally some new walking trousers but alas no work shoes that would fit me (women’s shoes suitable for wearing with socks in a wide/ high instep size 5 do not seem to exist!)) on the Saturday.
Today, however, I joined my parents at church (minus my ‘heaven’ t-shirt worn Sat), partly so I could practice my reading for my sister’s forthcoming wedding; as I’ll be on the M25 when the rehearsal occurs (hopefully no accidents so I get to join them for the post- rehearsal curry on the Thursday night). Dr T surprised me by also joining us (although my dad managed to forget there were 4 to be seated so three were in the pew and I was on one of the chairs just off the raised bit of pew … so Dr T really did tower of me (and my mum who was stood in the pew bit on the other side!). One of the old (but lovable & spritely 90+) dears pointed out that she remembered me when I was a baby and used to sit on my mum’s lap for services (then another person was working out when they moved to the area as they remembered I was a toddler then … arrgh!) to embarrass me (No doubt next week my mum will be asked who the young man with me was …). This was after Dr T spent last weekend commenting how he’d not seen my baby photos… will these anecdotes do?
I got some good tips from one of the people who look after the microphones/ readers in the church .. and following this the reading will be re-typed for easier reading out loud in a church that echos lots! So I think Spookz will be hearing Corinthians 13 quite a bit over the next 10 days, before I don a dress (unlike today’s jeans, t-shirt & trainers) and do it to an audience (rather than the sidemen, servers & stragglers (inc. Dr T & mum)).
However before the donning of the posh dress I will be going all the way to Brighton for a meal (my sister’s hen night) as there’s been a misunderstanding with me attending (hence no accommodation booked) via my mum with the bridesmaids and as I refuse on principle to pay for 2 nights accommodation when I only will be there for 1 I’ve decided to stay sober and drive (besides it gets out of looking a pratt as a St Trinian’s afterwards).
You never know I might actually get to sort some bits out to go to jumble by then so Dr T can move his stuff in (ooooh can’t wait for the audio visual heaven that will be the living room due to Dr T’s toys!).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home