May 28, 2003

A change in weather and a change of site. Yes ladies and gentlemen I'm now working on the nightmare roadworks in Portsmouth, so its long sleeved high vis vests all round (which isn't great when the weather is really hot) and lots of running across roads in the aim of not getting hit. It also means I'm going to be working a bit longer hours and not quite so easy to slope off as required. But on a good point its much more social as there is a construction village of container offices rather than the 1 office at the port.

Mind you I'm still not sure about the site as I just can't get as excited about these highway works as I do about the works down the port; I just don't have that buzz I get with the maritime works. I'm going to suck and see if things get better once I settle in more although my biggest longing at the mo is just to be able to spend a few weeks based at civic in the office on design work rather than the propect of more months on site ... I want to be able to go into town of a lunchtime, meet up with my friend for lunch without having to plan it days in advance and trying my best to stop things on site getting in the way.

So tonight I will have an early night so I can get out the house way before Dr T gets out of bed to go to his workplace .... am I in the wrong job?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home