Life's a Beach ... and there's a lot of shingle on it!
I've been keeping fit this week ... as for the last 3 afternoons & 2 evenings (for I escaped early today!) I've been walking the eastern beaches in about 10-15m spacings (as we have 2 or 3 of us and the spacings need to be less than 5m) ... which means you walk quite a few kilometres/ miles (the base station set ups are about 1km apart) on shingle ... not the best substance to walk on, it just zaps the energy out of you. So probably around 25-30km later the weekend has arrived!!
But it should inform us of how much beach we've lost over the last year .. and it will get re-surveyed again next year and no doubt I'll be trundging up and down the beach in the name of beach surveying ... mind you I might get to do some hydrographic surveying from my previous experience from ports days (the main surveyor had a raise of voice as if to say 'hmm that's useful to know' when I said I used to do hydro survey checks and monitoring on the pre & post dredge surveys ... so know how they work ...)
Mind you I have some choice blisters on the inside of my feet and some achey knees (as you don't get to walk level for chunks of it); so the weekend and a day off are appreciated!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home